- This is a World Congress; as such, every effort is devoted to bringing together participants from all corners of the world.
- However, the Congress is rooted in Montreal and its urban environment will be integral to this event.
- In recognition of and respect for cultural diversity, this is a multilingual Congress with three official languages: French, English and Spanish.
- To promote knowledge sharing, the Congress welcomes a diversity of scientific disciplines, epistemological approaches and traditional knowledge.
- The Congress is organized according to principles of eco-responsibility, including targets of Zero Carbon emissions, Zero Waste production and consumption of Local Foods.
- Special attention is given to making this Congress more accessible to participants from developing countries.
- This Congress is organized in a spirit of collaboration with various stakeholders and organizations active in the field of environmental education, including universities, colleges, school boards, teacher’s unions, governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, museums, parks and others.